Sunday, 5 February 2012

Crafty Places

I made my second trip to Scrap Stuff in Leeds this week to see what new things they had. I got lots of bargains including 15 baskets for £1 (great to make party boxes and Easter gifts) and sticker rolls for 25p (for handmade tags).
I also got a big roll of material in GB colours (for the bunting I aspire to make!) and all the felt they had in the shop!
After I'd been to Scrap I went to the opening of Fabrication's new shop in the city centre of Leeds. There were lots of lovely hand made crafts and clothes for sale not to mention the nibbles and wine. There's plenty of arts and crafts courses on offer too.

A while ago I read a post by the lovely Lynsey from Swirly Arts about a material warehouse in Burnley. I paid a visit excited to look at the material in the £1 per metre room! Well worth the trip if you're willing to have a rummage but it's a bit cold at the minute so I'd take your gloves.
I also got some new tapes. I fell in love with these, an airmail one and one that says "practically perfect in every way" just like Mary Poppins!

Voila!
I've created some wedding designs too which I've shown my super friend Lisa from Lisa Hindle Photography. I think a set of these hung up with ribbon at a wedding reception would be original and interactive. Coordinating paper could be clipped from the pegs and guests could leave messages...a modern twist on a guest book.  
Another design...
I also decorated some postcards with the Pro Marker pens that are half price in Hobbycraft.
I found these pretties too so I've put them in my birthday party box.

4 comments:

Derrick said...

Where are you getting the tapes. I am in need..

Lou La La said...

Hiya

www.nancyandbetty.com

Bubbles said...

I don't shop in Leeds but seeing all those great supplies and things you got, make me want to go. I just end up getting all I need at The Range as its on my doorstep.

shannah said...

I love love LOVE the clothes pins! When I was little I would draw bodies on them and make my own dolls :D